Upgrading LabSat 3 and LabSat 3 Wideband firmware
Occasionally Racelogic releases new versions of firmware for LabSat 3 and LabSat 3 Wideband, often to introduce new features. New firmware can be loaded into the LabSat via the SD card.
The latest firmware upgrade file for LabSat 3 and LabSat 3 Wideband is available on the LabSat website in ‘Customer Area’ section.
If you need the latest file, download it from the website and copy it to your computer.
How to upgrade the firmware
- Copy the downloaded firmware file onto the root of the SD card.
- Power the LabSat and wait until the box has finished initialisation.
- Insert the SD card containing the upgrade file.
- Once the upgrade is complete the LabSat 3 or LabSat 3 Wideband will return to the file screen.
- Power cycle the LabSat before resuming normal operation.
When the upgrade has been completed the upgrade file will be erased from the SD card. If the upgrade fails for any reason, the upgrade file will remain on the SD card and the LabSat 3 or LabSat 3 Wideband retains the previous version of firmware.
To confirm the LabSat 3 or LabSat 3 Wideband has upgraded, navigate to the ‘About’ section of the menu, this will display the current version of firmware the LabSat 3 or LabSat 3 Wideband is running.