The latest version of the VBOX Video HD2 firmware includes some significant changes and brings additional functionality to the unit itself and the Setup Software. The latest software versions should be used in conjunction with this firmware release to allow full use of the latest features.
- Download the latest Firmware and Software files.
- Instructions on how to upgrade the firmware and software can be found here.
A summary of the software versions required can be found below:
|Software Application||Version required (minimum)|
|Circuit Tools for Windows||2.6.3|
|Circuit Tools for MacOS||1.3.1|
|Circuit Tools for iOS||1.1.1|
|VBOX Video App for Android||1.2.2 (1.2.6 to fully utilise the new features)|
|VBOX Video App for iOS||1.2.3 (1.2.6 to fully utilise the new features)|
|VBOX Video Setup for Windows||1.3.170 (1.4.259 to fully utilise the new features)|
Many of the changes have been made as a direct result of customer feedback requesting new features. Some changes have been made to fix bugs and other issues found during testing.
Racelogic strongly recommend that all users upgrade to the latest firmware release to take advantage of the new features and benefit from the improved stability.
When upgrading to the latest firmware, the cameras must be connected to the unit as they included as part of the upgrade. However, this makes the cameras incompatible with units running older release firmware. If you have more than one unit, it is highly recommended to upgrade all units in one go or isolate upgraded units and cameras to ensure compatibility.
If you own more than one set of cameras, e.g. as part of a 2nd car HD2 accessory kit, you will have to update the firmware with each set of cameras plugged into the unit, using the same firmware upgrade file.
VBOX HD2 HDMI
The main purpose of this release is to support the new VBOX Video HD2 HDMI output variant (V6). The output will need to be configured within the VBOX Video Setup Software or VBOX Video App. Further information about the VBOX HD2 HDMI can be found on our VBOX Motorsport Website.
VBOX Video Setup Software - Windows (V1.4.259)
- Issue with Heat Blocks saved in a group not loading back as a group.
- Issue with inverted values for G-Ball axis not saving correctly.
- Issue with integer places on media space parameters not setting correctly adressed.
- UTC Time parameter in Maths Channels now labelled as milliseconds rather than seconds.
- DD/MM in file name now displays correctly.
- General stability improvements.
VBOX Video App (V1.2.6)
- Ability to set HDMI mode of supported HD2 units (V6) (more information available here).