- Set entry and exit points on one Pit Lane Timer unit.
MENU > PIT LANE TIMER > MANAGE PIT LOCATIONS > SAVE PIT LOCATIONS TO SD CARD
- This will cause a file to be created on the SD card ‘pitLocation000.txt’ (pick the highest number for the latest revision on the card).
- Edit the txt file – open the file and manually change the new pit name.
e.g. PIT TRACK_001 > PIT Silverstone
- Rename the txt file to ‘pitLocationIn.txt’ – note that this is case sensitive!
- Copy the new file across to other SD cards and insert them into Pit Lane Timer units.
MENU > PIT LANE TIMER > MANAGE PIT LOCATIONS > ADD PIT LOCATIONS FROM SD CARD
This will save the new locations and allow them to be detected as long as the Pit Lane Timer has GPS lock.
We would advise keeping an up to date master copy of the pit locations file on your PC, so this can be reloaded into any unit at any time.
Once the pit gates in one location have been set, they will be recognised automatically on return to that location.