Failing to Lock onto Satellites
If the PerformanceBox Sport is having trouble locking onto satellites then please follow the checklist below for typical solutions:
- Ensure that the antenna is placed in a position where it has an unobstructed view of the sky.
- Check the antenna connection with the PerformanceBox Sport; even small amounts of dirt in the socket can cause a significant reduction in signal strength. Also check the cable at the plug and along its length for any damage.
- Check that the power supply is connected and free from damage.
- If possible try another known working antenna, to confirm antenna functionality.
- Perform a GPS coldstart and then leave the unit powered up in an open static position for at least 15 minutes.