The CAN cable connection between a Video VBOX and the MIM01 can be connected to either DATA1 or DATA2 socket as they share the same CAN connections.
Two CAN connections are provided to allow the MIM01 to be daisy chained with more VBOX input modules.
Video VBOX Pro Connection
Video VBOX Lite Connection
Video VBOX Setup
For more information on how to set up the Video VBOX to work with the Mini Input Module, Click Here.
The MIM01 can be configured to run in a Stand Alone CAN Bus mode using a RLVBCAB01 cable and VBOX Setup software.
Note that this cable must be ordered separately from the Mini Input Module.
To ensure the Mini Input Module has the correct settings for use with the Video VBOX the correct settings may have to be uploaded into the MIM using VBOX Setup software, and loading in the ‘MIMVideo.rms’ configuration file available from the software download section of the VBOX website.
- Connect the DATA1 socket on the MIM01 to a PC using the RLVBCAB01 cable.
- Power up the MIM01 using a suitable 12v power source, this can be done using the RLCAB005C or RLCAB090-C when connected to a powered Video VBOX unit.
- Run the VBOX Setup software, available from the VBOX Automotive website.
- Select the correct COM port that the MIM01 is connected to (check device manager to confirm).
- Make the changes required and then click the 'Write Setup to Module' button.
Note: When any change is made using the Module Setup Software the POWER MUST BE CYCLED for the change to take effect!