This message will appear when VBOXTools is trying to communicate with a VBOX but it has not detected any response.
This could be due to one of the following:
- If the power LED on the front of the VBOX3i is not illuminated, there is no power to the unit. In this case, check that battery contains adequate charge or, if using a cigar lighter, check internal cigar lighter fuse.
- Check the correct drivers are installed on the PC.
- Check that the correct COM port has been selected in VBOXTools. To confirm what COM port is being used, check PC device manager.
- Check that no other programs are using the same COM port - close other software which may be 'hogging' the port.
- Loss of connection to software (restart VBOX, VBOX Tools and PC)
- VBOX hardware failure
Once all connections and power have been checked, if the error persists, then we would recommend carrying out a GPS Coldstart on the VBOX. This can be done by pressing and holding the REC button for around 5-10 seconds until the unit beeps (VBOX 3i) or by selecting 'Coldstart' through the GPS menu on the front panel screen (VBOXII)
See also: VBOX 3i GPS Coldstart
GPS Coldstarts usually resolve these issues, however if the problem still persists, with VBOX 3i units it is possible to run a factory reset on the unit by pressing and holding the FUNC and REC buttons down together for 5-10 seconds.
Note: This will clear all user settings on the box!
For more assistance, please raise a support ticket for more help.