Speed Sensor Range (VBSSxx / VBSS100SL)
Racelogic VBSS Speed Sensors feature 5 Hz, 10 Hz, 20 Hz and 100 Hz update rate versions.
Based on a range of high accuracy GPS engines (100 Hz has GPS/GLONASS), the VBSS single antenna can be used for non-contact sensing of velocity providing signal output data on CAN, analogue and digital, allowing easy integration with data loggers and testing applications. The analogue output can be assigned to vehicle speed, lateral acceleration, longitudinal acceleration, or lap beacon marker with user selectable scaling. The digital output can be configured as either a digital speed pulse output or a lap beacon marker.
VBOX Speed Sensor dual antenna (VBSS100SL) is a high accuracy 100 Hz GPS/GLONASS system. VBSS100SL combines high level accuracy and test repeatability with the ability to measure slip and pitch/roll angles at 100 Hz.
The VBSS100SL package includes a VBOX Manager, which enables the user to setup the dual antenna separation, change the dynamic modes, level and align the antennas.
The speed sensor can be used straight from the box and will output digital and analogue signals according to the default settings. These settings can be changed using the Racelogic Config Software.
More information on the Speed Sensor range can be found on our website.
- Speed Sensor User Manual
- This guide provides an overview of the Speed Sensor product features, its basic operation and specifications.
- 01 - Speed Sensor Introduction
- 02 - Speed Sensor GPS Antenna
- 03 - Speed Sensor LED Indicators
- 04 - Speed Sensor Configuration
- 05 - Speed Sensor Digital Input
- 06 - Speed Sensor Dual Antenna Setup
- 07 - Upgrading Speed Sensor firmware
- 08 - Speed Sensor RS232 / NMEA Output
- 09 - Speed Sensor CAN output
- 10 - Speed Sensor PIN OUTS
- 11 - Speed Sensor (VBSSxx) Technical Specification
- 12 - Dual Antenna Speed Sensor Technical Specification
- 13 - Speed Sensor Inventory
- 14 - Speed Sensor EC Declaration of Conformity
- Knowledge Base
- Welcome to the Knowledge Base. Find the most popular, highest rated, and recently updated articles at a glance. Or browse articles by tags or title. If you cannot find the article you are looking for, try the search bar.