As the name suggests, VBOX Touch is controlled by using the capacitive touch screen.
Generally, the top of the screen contains indicative status information, the centre of the screen contains mode/settings information which can be navigated by pressing fwd/back buttons or by swiping the screen left/right, and the bottom of the screen contains function buttons.
The Record Icon will show when the unit is logging data to the SD card.
IMPORTANT – The SD card shouldn't be removed when the Record Icon is on as you may lose data.
The SD Card Icon displays the status of the recording media. When an SD card has been inserted and has free space, it will display as green . When no SD card is detected or the media is full, the icon will display as red .
Tapping on the icon when green will manually start or stop logging data, overriding the Configured Logging Strategy.
The Satellite Icon displays whether the unit has a valid satellite lock. When lock is acquired, it will display as solid green . When there is no satellite lock, the icon will flash red .
The 4 LEDs at the top of the unit provide visual feedback dependent on what process is being performed:
- Accel/Decel Mode: If Alert at End is enabled, the LEDs will will flash green for 0.5 s once the test end criteria is met.
- Lap Timing Mode:
- The LEDs provide a live reference lap speed comparison (Delta-V)
- The LEDs will illuminate blue during the process of creating a Reference Lap.
- When loading a Track Database file, the progress of the track database update is displayed via the LEDs; each lit LED will represent 25% of the process with all LEDs extinguishing when the process is complete.
- When a Track Layout is changed, the LEDs will briefly flash green twice.
- Speed Mode: If a Target Speed LED Alert has been set, the LEDs will flash green when the value is reached.
- Screenshot: If a screenshot has been saved successfully, the LEDs will illuminate yellow in sequence from left to right to display the progress of writing to the SD card.
- Reset: The LEDs will briefly flash green twice when a screen has been reset.
This header shows which Display Mode is currently selected.
This area will contain information in relation to the currently selected Display Mode.
The options presented first within the Settings screen are dependent on the mode selected, information on these can be found within each specific mode area.
Selecting the Screenshot Button will save a full image of what is shown on screen to the inserted SD card. If the screenshot has been saved successfully, the LEDs will illuminate yellow in sequence from left to right to display the progress of writing to the SD card. When screen capture is complete, VBOX Touch will emit an audible confirmation notification. If the screenshot has been saved unsuccessfully, for example no SD card is inserted or the card is full, the SD Card Icon at the top of the screen will flash 3 times and VBOX Touch will emit an audible error notification.
A captured image is saved as a 1.5 MB bitmap image, orientated at 90° to the original screen image, with the prefix 'screenshot'.
IMPORTANT – NEVER remove the SD card when a screenshot is being taken, it could cause the unit to crash!
A history of the test/lap results can be viewed by selecting the Results Button .
The Mode Button allows you to choose between the 4 Display Modes available.
Dependent on which screen you are on, the Reset Button will reset mode results and/or history. When pressed, the LEDs will briefly flash green twice and the unit will emit an audible confirmation notification. If selected within the Lap Timing Mode, a cancel timeout screen will display, allowing you to cancel the reset within 5 seconds by pressing the screen.
The Forward and Back arrow buttons are used to navigate through Display Mode and Settings screens. These can be used alongside swiping the screen left or right.