VBOX Touch features a 10 Hz GPS receiver and a responsive colour touchscreen. The Lap Timing Mode allows you to view live Lap Timing information in relation to a set Start/Finish line.
Two Lap Timing screens are available; the Main Screen, which contains live reference lap speed comparison (Delta-V), live reference lap time comparison (Delta-T), current reference lap time, last lap time, last lap time difference to best, session time and completed lap count. The Basic Screen contains either just a rolling lap time or a static previous lap time.
So that Racelogic can continue to provide you with notification of the latest software releases, firmware upgrades and to offer technical support, please register your VBOX Touch.
Register your unit here.
|VBOX Touch 10 Hz Unit Including Rubber Cover||1||VBTOUCH-V1|
|Cigar Plug Power Supply (RLVBTOUCH, 2 m) or Unterminated Power Supply (RLVBTOUCH-M, 2 m)||1||RLCAB010LE / RLCAB014LE|
|8 GB SDHC Card (Class 10)||1||RLACS259|
|GNSS Antenna (3 m)||1||RLACS262|
|Swivel Neck Richter Suction Mount||1||RLACS277|
|Plastic Carry Case for VBOX Touch (not supplied with RLVBTOUCH-M)||1||RLACS281|
VBOX Touch is supplied with an 8 GB SDHC card in a FAT32 file format, which is the only file format supported. If you are looking to purchase a new SD card, it is recommended that any card used has a write speed of above 7 MB/s (4 MB/s absolute minimum) and a speed class of 10 (4 absolute minimum). Racelogic recommend SD cards from quality brands such as Transcend, SanDisk, Kingston or Lexar to ensure best results.
IMPORTANT – If an SD card is formatted in the exFAT or NTFS file formats, it will need to be reformatted into a FAT32 file system before it will work with a VBOX Touch unit. More information on this can be found here.
Main screen example
- VBOX Touch has an internal patch antenna, meaning that in many circumstances, where the unit has a clear view of the sky without any interference, an additional antenna is not required.
However, if required, mount the supplied external GPS antenna in the centre of the roof of the vehicle, away from roof bars and other antennas. For more information on antenna mounting positions click here.
- If applicable, connect the external GPS antenna to the VBOX Touch.
- Connect the Swivel Neck Richter Suction Mount (RLACS277) to the rear of the unit and attach to the vehicle windscreen.
- Connect the power via the Power socket.
- Insert the SD card into the Side of the Unit. The SD Card Icon should display as green as long as the card has free space.
- When the unit has booted, select the Mode Button and press LAP TIMING if it is not already selected.
- Select which Lap Timing display you would like to be shown (Main or Basic) by selecting the Forward and Back arrows on the bottom right of the screen or by swiping the screen left or right.
- Take the vehicle outside and wait for the VBOX Touch to gain satellite lock. The Satellite Icon should display as solid green .
Note: The first time that the unit is used, it may take up to 10 – 15 minutes to fully acquire satellites. After this, it will usually take 1 – 2 minutes to acquire satellites.
- Select the Settings Button and navigate to the Track Settings. The unit will display the currently selected track based on the GPS location. If multiple layouts are available, you can press the Select button to scroll through the different options. Ensure that the correct circuit is selected!
- Press the Exit Button to return to the Lap Timing screen.
- The unit is now ready to display live Lap Timing values.
- Once the start/finish line is crossed, VBOX Touch will automatically begin to create a reference lap. When a reference lap is being created, a 'Creating a Reference Lap' message is displayed within the Delta-T section and the reference lap section will show a rolling lap time. The LEDs will also illuminate blue during the creation process. The reference lap will update if a faster lap is achieved unless the Reference Lap has been Fixed within the Settings.
- Once a reference lap has been created, the unit presents a live difference in lap time (Delta-T) between the current lap time and the stored and active reference lap at the current location on track.
- The 4 LEDs at the top of the screen provide a live reference lap speed comparison (Delta-V), varying in colour between green and red dependent on whether you are travelling faster or slower than the reference lap at the current location on track. The settings for this can be changed within the Delta-V Range settings.
- VBOX Touch will display the current live lap time and when a new lap starts, the previous lap time will be displayed for 3 seconds before reverting to displaying the current live lap time. It is possible to just display the previous lap time by Disabling the Rolling Lap Time.
- By default, VBOX Touch will automatically start recording when travelling over 0.5 km/h, this can be changed within the General Settings.
- Tapping on the SD Card Icon when green will manually start or stop logging data, overriding the Configured Logging Strategy.
The Record Icon will show when the unit is logging data to the SD card.
If you have come to a stop, but the Record Icon is still on, press the SD Card Icon to stop the logging before removing the card.
Sometimes, due to poor satellite visibility in a garage or close to a building, the box may start recording, even if the car is stationary. Always check the Record Icon before ejecting the card.
IMPORTANT – The SD card shouldn't be removed when the Record Icon is on as you may lose data.
Note: If for some reason the SD card is removed whilst still recording, it may need to be repaired using a PC before it can be reused.
A screenshot of what is displayed on the screen can be taken at any time by pressing the Screenshot Button .
To reset lap timing data, lap time history and the reference lap, press the Reset Button .
When you have finished, a history of the lap results can be viewed by pressing the Results Button .
More information on the Lap Timing Mode can be found here.
|Swipe Left/Right||Accesses different lap timing or settings screens|
|Triple tap the Main Lap Timing Screen||Fixes/Unfixes the reference lap|
|Press and hold the Main Lap Timing Screen||Resets the lap timing data, lap time history and reference lap|
|Tap the Basic Lap Timing Screen||Sets a Start/Finish Line at the current location|