VBOX Touch features a 10 Hz GPS receiver and a responsive colour touchscreen. The Decel Mode allows you to perform deceleration tests using pre-defined configurations, or using your own specified values.
So that Racelogic can continue to provide you with notification of the latest software releases, firmware upgrades and to offer technical support, please register your VBOX Touch.
Register your unit here.
|VBTOUCH-V1||1||VBOX Touch 10 Hz Unit Including Rubber Cover|
|RLCAB010LE / RLCAB014LE||1||Cigar Plug Power Supply (RLVBTOUCH, 2 m) or Unterminated Power Supply (RLVBTOUCH-M, 2 m)|
|RLACS259||1||8 GB SDHC Card (Class 10)|
|RLACS262||1||GNSS Antenna (3 m)|
|RLACS277||1||Swivel Neck Richter Suction Mount|
|RLACS281||1||Plastic Carry Case for VBOX Touch (not supplied with RLVBTOUCH-M)|
VBOX Touch logs data via an SD card inserted in to the Left Side of the Unit. The unit is supplied with an 8 GB SDHC card in a FAT32 file format, which is the only file format supported. If you are looking to purchase a new SD card, it is recommended that any card used has a write speed of above 7 MB/s (4 MB/s absolute minimum) and a speed class of 10 (4 absolute minimum). Racelogic recommend SD cards from quality brands such as Transcend, SanDisk, Kingston or Lexar to ensure best results.
IMPORTANT – If an SD card is formatted in the exFAT or NTFS file formats, it will need to be reformatted into a FAT32 file system before it will work with a VBOX Touch unit. More information on this can be found here.
- VBOX Touch has an internal patch antenna, meaning that in many circumstances, where the unit has a clear view of the sky without any interference, an additional antenna is not required.
However, if required, mount the supplied external GPS antenna in the centre of the roof of the vehicle, away from roof bars and other antennas. For more information on antenna mounting positions click here.
- If applicable, connect the external GPS antenna to the VBOX Touch.
- Connect the Swivel Neck Richter Suction Mount (RLACS277) to the rear of the unit and attach to the vehicle windscreen.
- Connect the power via the Power socket.
- Insert the SD card into the Side of the Unit. The SD Card Icon should display as green as long as the card has free space.
- When the unit has booted, select the Mode Button and press DECEL if not it is already selected.
- Select the Settings Button and choose from either a Preset Test, or use Custom Start and End Parameters.
- If you would like an audible and visual alert when the test is completed, enable Alert at End within the Settings.
- Press the Exit Button to return to the Decel Test screen.
- Take the vehicle outside and wait for the VBOX Touch to gain satellite lock. The Satellite Icon should display as solid green .
Note: The first time that the unit is used, it may take up to 10 – 15 minutes to fully acquire satellites. After this, it will usually take 1 – 2 minutes to acquire satellites.
- The unit is now ready to display live Decel Test results.
- By default, VBOX Touch will automatically start recording when travelling over 0.5 km/h, this can be changed within the General Settings.
- Tapping on the SD Card Icon when green will manually start or stop logging data, overriding the Configured Logging Strategy.
The Record Icon will show when the unit is logging data to the SD card.
If you have come to a stop, but the Record Icon is still on, press the SD Card Icon to stop the logging before removing the card.
Sometimes, due to poor satellite visibility in a garage or close to a building, the box may start recording, even if the car is stationary. Always check the Record Icon before ejecting the card.
IMPORTANT – The SD card shouldn't be removed when the Record Icon is on as you may lose data.
Note: If for some reason the SD card is removed whilst still recording, it may need to be repaired using a PC before it can be reused.
A screenshot of what is displayed on the screen can be taken at any time by pressing the Screenshot Button .
To reset all test results shown on the current screen, press the Reset Button .
When you have finished your testing, completed test results can be viewed by pressing the Results Button .
More information on Decel Mode testing can be found here.