Occasionally Racelogic release new versions of firmware code for VBOX products, which may be required to fix bugs or to add new features.
New firmware for VBOX II units can be loaded into the unit using a computer and the supplied USB cable.
The latest firmware upgrade (.RUF) file for the VBOXII is available from the VBOX website in the Support section.
If you need the latest file, download it from the website and copy it to your computer.
If you are connecting your VBOX to your computer with the USB cable for the first time then follow the instructions in the section ‘Using the USB cable‘ earlier in this manual before following the instructions below.
How to upgrade the firmware
- Press and hold the ‘◄’ button whilst the power is connected to the VBOX II.
- The front panel screen will now display the UPGRADER screen, showing that it is ready for upgrading.
- Connect the USB cable to your computer.
- Double click on the .RUF firmware upgrade file that you have downloaded from the website.
- This will automatically run the upgrade program where you will see the progress of the upgrade.
- At the end of the process disconnect the USB and then disconnect and reconnect the power.