Occasionally Racelogic releases new versions of firmware (internal code) for VBOX 3i products, often to introduce new features, information about the newest firmware update can be found here.
New firmware is loaded into the VBOX 3i using a CF card.
Download the latest upgrade file from the VBOX Automotive website.
How to upgrade the firmware
- Download the latest upgrade file from the link above.
- Place the update file on the root directory of the CF card.
- Power the VBOX 3i and wait until the box has fully booted (Green PWR LED).
- Insert the CF card containing the upgrade file.
- Once the upgrade is complete the VBOX 3i will beep twice and resume normal operation (the upgrade file will be erased).
- If the upgrade fails for any reason the upgrade file remains on the card and the VBOX 3i retains the previous version of firmware.
Once the firmware upgrade has completed successfully, the VBOX 3i should be power-cycled before use.